I am encouraging community groups across Mallee to participate in Round 6 of the Stronger Communities Programme (SCP).
The programme intends to encourage and support participation in local projects, improve local community participation and contribute to vibrant and viable communities.
The SCP supports the Coalition Government’s commitment to deliver social benefits in communities across Australia. A maximum of 20 projects per electorate can be funded, not exceeding $150,000 in total.
Examples of projects which may be funded under the programme include:
- fit-out of community centres, including kitchen upgrades and equipment
- purchasing operating equipment such as computers, TVs, furniture and fittings
- sporting facility upgrades including new scoreboards, BBQ facilities, seating, new turf, fit-out of change rooms, new canteen, new lights, upgrade water systems, gymnasiums, skate parks
- purchasing equipment for local SES
- purchasing first aid equipment
Round 6 of the programme will continue to support Australia’s economic recovery from the COVID-19 pandemic. For this special round, grant funding will be up to 100 per cent of eligible project costs except for local governing bodies where grant funding will be up to 50 per cent of eligible project costs.
For this special round “in kind” expenditure is not eligible expenditure.
Projects funded under round 6 of the programme will need to be completed by 31 December 2021.
Examples of ineligible projects include:
- payment of salaries for existing and new staff or contractors
- recurring or ongoing expenditure such as annual maintenance, lease payments, electricity or gas expenditure
- projects that seek funding to stage events, exhibit a display or for filming
- projects to undertake studies or investigations
- purchase of land or buildings
Please ensure you have your Expression of Interest returned to my office by 5pm, January 28, 2021.
Download an application form here or complete the online form below: SCP_Form_Merge_Round 6_Vic_Mallee_WebsterA
Frequently Asked Questions: Stronger communities programme FAQs PDF
Online Expression of Interest
You can complete an online Expression of interest below.
Grant applications can be made for funding between $2,500- $20,000, for up to 100 per cent of eligible project costs, depending on your organisation’s classification under Round 6 guidelines.
All applications will be assessed by an independent panel. Grants are not ongoing and recommendations from the panel will be assessed by the Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Regional Development and Communications. Please attach any supporting documentation i.e. plans, prices etc.